I just love it! After working in TV for more than ten years, Katie McGlynn considers her career

I just love it! After working in TV for more than ten years, Katie McGlynn considers her career
Katie McGlynn • Coronation Street • Sinead Tinker: Actress Katie McGlynn "genuinely loves" her job.

The 29-year-old actress has appeared on television in a number of roles, including that of troubled adolescent Jodie "Scout" Allen in "Waterloo Road" and Sinead Tinker on "Coronation Street" from 2013 to 2020. She left the show after her character lost her battle with cancer, and she is amazed by the "impact" she can have on people through her work.

She remarked on ITV's 'Good Morning Britain': "I actually adore it, which is why I wanted to get into this industry. The impact you can have, especially with stories from "Coronation Street," which airs five times a week in people's living rooms, and your ability to effectively address these concerns is absolutely wonderful. I enjoy entertaining others. I want to make people laugh and cry because that's the fun of my profession.

The former "Strictly Come Dancing" contestant went on to recall that her late grandfather was her "biggest supporter" early in her career and always wanted her to land a part in "Coronation Street," but tragically passed away just weeks before she got the audition. She is currently playing the part of Cleo in a touring production of Peter James' "Wish You Were Dead."

My granddad was my biggest supporter, and I remember him asking me, "When are you going to get on Coronation Street, Katie?" as we were watching the show. At the time, I had just gotten the position on Waterloo Road. Hold your horses, I said.

"Unfortunately, he passed away in February, a few days shy of turning 80, and a week or two after that, I received an audition for 'Coronation Street,' which was just incredibly odd. He is constantly on my mind and in the back of my mind as I perform these incredible feats. I consider myself really fortunate to have had the career I have thus far. Every other character I've played before pales in comparison to Cleo in this play.

Post a Comment

0 Comments