Upon receiving a regional Latin AMA award for Mexico, Becky G becomes emotional says My Mexican blood is everything

Upon receiving a regional Latin AMA award for Mexico, Becky G becomes emotional says My Mexican blood is everything

Latin American Music Awards | Becky G | Regional Mexican: The biggest prize of all is for Becky G to stay true to her Mexican razes, or roots.

The Latin American Music categories were held on Thursday, and the Mexican American singer had a successful night, winning three of the nine categories she was nominated for, including song of the year and collaboration of the year (both for her Karol G collaboration "Mamiii").

The "Chanel" singer won the award for "Ya Acabó," a collaboration with the regional Mexican band Marca MP, but it was the recognition for best regional Mexican collaboration that meant the most to her. After expressing her gratitude to the group for their contribution to the "incredible song," Becky discussed the significance of her Mexican ancestry.

Becky remarked in Spanish, "I've always talked about how much being Latina means to me, but the pride of being Mexican is something else. As an artist, I have experimented with several genres over the course of my career since so many things motivate me. However, being Mexican inspires me in other ways as well.

"More than anything, it inspires the way I work, the way I love, and the way I'm with family," she concluded. "For me, my Mexican blood is everything."

During her performance with Mexican vocalists Peso Pluma and Jess Ortiz Paz of Fuerza Regida at the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival last week, Becky G paid homage to her Mexican background. On Friday, the singer will take the stage once more at the festival.

Becky, who started off singing mostly in English, has spoke candidly to USA TODAY about how Spanish music has influenced her artistic vision.

She added as she walked the red carpet at Variety's Power of Young Hollywood event in August, "I really found my voice and feel probably the most confident I've ever felt as an artist singing Spanish music." "I'm happy to see how popular Spanish music has become worldwide."


Post a Comment

0 Comments