In her heartbreaking new song You're Losing Me, Taylor Swift confesses that she wouldn't marry me either

In her heartbreaking new song You're Losing Me, Taylor Swift confesses that she wouldn't marry me either

When Taylor Swift performed at MetLife Stadium on May 26, fans had the ability to purchase a special edition of her Midnights CD, which featured the previously unreleased song "You're Losing Me." The lyrics describe a person who has fallen out of love and is attempting to get their lover stand up for them. It's unknown whether Taylor wrote this song when Midnights was first published or whether she did so following her split with Joe Alwyn earlier this year.

However, many fans are persuaded that the song is Taylor's heartbreaking breakup hymn because the lyrics unmistakably seem autobiographical. She sings in the chorus, "Stop, you're losing me." I cannot locate a pulse. My love for you has grown cold. The background of the song features a clip of the singer's actual heartbeat, which she also performed on the 2014 song "Wildest Dreams."

The bridge, where Taylor seems to imply that the subject of the song didn't want to get married, is possibly the most heartbreaking part of the song. She sings, "I wouldn't marry me either. As I'm fading, I'm thinking, "Do something, babe, say something." She was a pathological people-pleaser who simply wanted you to see her.

The song's first line also leaves a lasting impression. I respond, "I know you don't," when you reply, "I don't understand." Taylor starts. "We believed a remedy would be available in time, but I now fear it won't. Remember how much we admired this room because of the light? I'm simply sitting here in the dark wondering if the timing is right.

Before their dramatic separation, Taylor and Joe had been dating for more than six years. On the first release of Midnights, he was the topic of several love songs, including "Lavender Haze," "Snow On The Beach," "Mastermind," and "Sweet Nothing," which the two co-wrote. Although several of the songs on the album weren't strictly written about Taylor's present situation (for instance, "Would've, Could've, Should've," which was written about her 2009 relationship with John Mayer), the album was inspired by Taylor's restless nights throughout her entire life.

Taylor has been emphatic that she wants her music to speak for itself, therefore it is unlikely that she will ever say if the song was created before or after Joe and she broke up. In any case, she has been spending time with Matty Healy recently, suggesting that she has gotten past the breakup.

Post a Comment

0 Comments