Kristin Davis Opens Up About Emotional Journey: Facing Ridicule and Shedding Tears Over Fillers Usage

Kristin Davis Opens Up About Emotional Journey: Facing Ridicule and Shedding Tears Over Fillers Usage

Kristin Davis • Sex and the City • Injectable filler:
Kristin Davis revealed that she once cried over cruel comments from social media trolls who criticized her use of fillers.

The 58-year-old actress opened up about her experience with cosmetic surgery in an interview with The Telegraph on Friday.

The "Sex and the City" star said, "I've done fillers and they were good and I've done fillers and they were bad." I've had to get rid of them and I've been ridiculed mercilessly." She continued.

She continued, "And I have shed tears over it. It's very stressful."

The Colorado native rose to fame playing the role of Charlotte York Goldenblatt on HBO's hit series for six seasons from 1998 to 2004. She reprised the role in the 2008 film "Sex and the City 2" and its 2010 sequel "Sex and the City 2."

Davis and her co-stars Sarah Jessica Parker and Cynthia Nixon returned to the franchise in the 2021 sequel series "And Just Like That..." The franchise returned to the franchise with the Kim Cattrall, who played Samantha Jones in the original series and film, chose not to join the show for the first season due to a feud with Parker.

However, HBO Max recently confirmed that Cattrall will make a cameo appearance in the second season finale, which premieres later this month.

In an interview with The Telegraph, Davis said that he and his castmates were ridiculed online for their aged appearance and criticized for trying to look younger.

It's hard to constantly confront your younger self," Davis explained." And it's hard to remember that you don't have to look like that. The Internet wants you to be - but also doesn't want you to be. They're very conflicted..."

The "Couples Retreat" star told the magazine that negative remarks from social media users don't bother her so much anymore.

"It's whatever," Davis said." I can't keep it up. I don't have time. I trust my doctors (but) there are people who blame me personally if it doesn't work." (It's) as if they stuck needles in my face..."

Davis clarified that he was referring specifically to the cosmetic surgery he had done to his lips.

"For a long time," Davis said, "no one told me it didn't look good.

But luckily, I have a good friend who finally told me. It's about not smiling at yourself in the mirror. Who smiles at themselves in the mirror? They're crazy people."

Davis called out online critics for criticizing him and his "And Just Like That..." is not the first time he has called on his co-stars to criticize him and his "And Just Like That..." co-stars.

In December 2021, Davis told The Sunday Times that he has been sounding the alarm about the "misogynistic chatter" online about their age.

"What am I going to do about it? Stop aging? Disappear?" Davis said.

'People want to comment on our hair, our faces, this and that, agree or disagree, whatever. The intensity of it was shocking," she added." I do feel anger, but I don't see it because I don't want to feel angry all the time.


Post a Comment

0 Comments