Niall Horan Opens Up About Amelia Woolley's Response to Personal Songs on His Latest Album The Show

Niall Horan Opens Up About Amelia Woolley's Response to Personal Songs on His Latest Album The Show

Niall Horan is full of love, and he shares that feeling with his fans on his latest album.

The former member of One Direction released his third studio album, The Show, on Friday. In an interview with the media ahead of its release, he opened up about how girlfriend Amelia Wooley inspired some of the songs.

When the interviewer suggested that the album has a lot of romantic material, the "Slow Hands" singer, 29, replied, "Yeah, 100%. I'm in a relationship, so I think it [the artwork] will come with it."

She added, "Usually love songs are heartbreak songs, so it's nice to be able to write something better, you know, happier."

Reflecting on how she feels about the song, he said: "She's like, 'What? I think she's like, 'What? I think she's like, 'What?

Elsewhere in the interview, he revealed that he looks for a sense of humor in his partners, especially those who are as cynical as he is.

On Thursday, he told Bustle that the song on the record, "You Could Start a Cult," serves as a metaphor for being crazy in love. When asked if he was madly in love, he replied, "That's dead right."

Horan also opened up about his desire to keep his relationship a secret.

"If everyone knew everything, (my songwriting) wouldn't be so candid," he said. 'That's not why I'm in this city. I'm here to write what's in my head, and love just happens to be one of those things that's flying around me."

The Voith coach has been dating Woolley since early 2020, but has kept their relationship mostly out of the public eye.

The following September 2021, Horan and Woolley made their public debut at the singer's Horan & Rose Gala. The two were photographed together at the event, which raised more than 800,000 euros for charity.

About the new record, Horan told the media on Tuesday that the pandemic inspired and forced him to look inward due to the lockdown.

"Watching the news every day at 6:00 a.m. is a good thing for me at ....... definitely stimulated other thoughts and internal things that I would never normally think about," he said. During the pandemic," he said, "we were almost pissed off. It was out of our own hands. So I think we had a sense of gratitude for what we had. I think we are different now because of that."

He continued: "Everyone is like, 'Jesus, I don't take anything for granted.' I'll go anywhere. If you ask me to go out for a drink on Tuesday, I'll go. So I think a lot of that was ingrained in me, to be grateful, to be thankful for what I have and who I have. It is the biggest cliché in songwriting that songwriting is a form of therapy, and that is absolutely true. If you listen to this song, you'll know exactly what I'm going through."

Post a Comment

0 Comments