Drew Barrymore Opens Up About Why She's Taking a Break from Dating

 

Drew Barrymore Opens Up About Why She's Taking a Break from Dating
Drew Barrymore is over it.

The actress, who has been married three times and has two children, says she's tired of the drama and theatrics of love and dating.

"I spent a lot of my life loving romance and drama and all of that," she tells New York Magazine. "I just burnt myself out on it."

Barrymore says she's been working with a therapist for several years to try to understand why she's so resistant to getting into a new relationship.

"I really think I have some serious stuff buried," she says. "And I don't know if it's like I need to try an MDMA treatment or psilocybin as a way to get to some state where I could see things in a different way."

In the same interview, Barrymore also opens up about her complex and difficult relationship with her mother, Jaid Barrymore.

"All their moms are gone, and my mom's not," she says, adding that she "cannot wait" for that time to come.

Barrymore says she doesn't want to live in a state where she wishes her mother was gone, but she also feels like she can't fully grow and heal until her mother is no longer in her life.

"I do care," she says. "I'll never not care. I don't know if I’ve ever known how to fully guard, close off, not feel, build the wall up."

Barrymore's honesty and vulnerability in this interview are refreshing and inspiring. It's clear that she's still working through a lot of pain and trauma, but she's also committed to healing and growing.

It's a reminder that everyone is on their own journey, and that there's no right or wrong way to do things. If you're struggling with relationships, know that you're not alone. And if you're like Drew Barrymore and you're just over it, that's okay too.

Post a Comment

0 Comments