Selena Gomez Charts a Splitting Course in Fresh Tune Single Soon Witness the Music Video Sex and the City

Selena Gomez Charts a Splitting Course in Fresh Tune Single Soon Witness the Music Video Sex and the City

Selena Gomez has made a triumphant return, bringing her vibrant energy to the forefront once again. The 31-year-old pop sensation dropped an exuberant dance track last Friday, infusing a joyful twist into the classic breakup anthem with "Single Soon."

In this catchy tune, Gomez playfully plans her exit from a romantic entanglement, opting for a phone call or a handwritten note. Her destination? A wild night out with her gal pals. In a nod to the iconic "Sex and the City," she leaves behind a Post-It note that cheekily reads, "I'm sorry, I can't, don't hate me," reminiscent of Jack Berger's message to Carrie Bradshaw.

The fun and single vibe persists as the music video, directed by Philip Andelman, unveils Gomez bedazzled in a shimmering pink top, sky-high heels, and a feathered coat. The visuals take us on a journey reminiscent of the beloved series, as Gomez and her trio of friends indulge in cocktails, a limo ride, karaoke, and clubbing. Their adventure culminates in a late-night swim before they all cozy up in bed to call it a night.

Gomez's melodic voice croons on the chorus, "I'm pickin' out this dress / Tryin' on these shoes / 'Cause I'll be single soon / I'll be single soon," setting the tone for newfound independence. "I know he'll be a mess / When I break the news / But I'll be single soon / I'll be single soon." The earworm continues, "I'ma date who I wanna / Stay out late if I wanna / I'ma do what I wanna do."

Selena Gomez Charts a Splitting Course in Fresh Tune Single Soon Witness the Music Video Sex and the City

Before the official release, Gomez teased her new single on TikTok, channeling Samantha Jones from "Sex and the City" and even earned praise from Kim Cattrall herself.

"Single Soon" boasts production credits from benny blanco and Cashmere Cat, providing a tantalizing glimpse of what awaits us in Gomez's eagerly awaited follow-up to "Rare."

Gomez playfully acknowledged the coincidental release date with Miley Cyrus' "Used to Be Young" on her Instagram Story, harking back to her days as Mikayla Skeech on the iconic Disney Channel show, "Hannah Montana." Fans fondly recall the rivalry between Mikayla and Hannah, and Gomez and Cyrus brought that nostalgia to the forefront.

As we bask in Selena's music and the anticipation of her upcoming projects, it's clear that 2023 is shaping up to be a bustling year for the multi-talented artist. From new music to the third season of "Only Murders in the Building" and celebrating her 31st birthday, Selena Gomez is embracing a fresh chapter, steering clear of negativity, and cherishing the love and support from her close-knit circle.

Post a Comment

0 Comments