James Marsden remembers lawyer complimenting his performance during jury duty: I have admired everything you have accomplished.

James Marsden remembers lawyer complimenting his performance during jury duty: I have admired everything you have accomplished.
Jury duty | James Marsden: James Marsden certainly had a fantastic time while carrying out his civic duty and serving as a juror in Los Angeles, the jury has returned.

The actor claimed that during his one actual stint in the jury box, a lawyer startled him by applauding his acting performance in the middle of the trial while speaking to PEOPLE about his upcoming Amazon Freevee series Jury Duty.

"I've only ever served once, and it was an odd experience because it was here in Los Angeles, and when I walked into the courtroom, there was a wall of headshots of actors who have previously served jury duty — in a government building!" stated Marsden. "Well, if someone recognises me, then maybe I'll be a distraction, I was thinking in my head. I'm not sure. I wasn't actually attempting to avoid jury duty.

In the end, he was a diversion for one of the attorneys, Marsden continued. The trial was for "an eviction case or something," the actor remembered. "In the middle of an opening argument, he turned to me and he goes, "And I've loved everything you've done."

After hearing the remark, Marsden said he almost wanted to escape, but then he realised "it was a courthouse with a wall full of headshots, so they're gonna love that."

Jury Duty, a comedy in the docu-style, is currently available to stream on Freevee. It stars Marsen as an exaggerated version of himself serving on a jury.

Post a Comment

0 Comments