Jameela Jamil claims she withdrew from the You season 4 audition because I Don't Do Sex Scenes

Jameela Jamil claims she withdrew from the You season 4 audition because I Don't Do Sex Scenes
According to Jameela Jamil, she withdrew from the fourth season of You audition because she didn't want to film any intimate sequences.

On Tuesday's episode of the Podcrushed podcast, which was hosted by Penn Badgley, Nava Kavelin, and Sophie Ansari, the She-Hulk: Attorney at Law actor discussed why she doesn't "do sex scenes."

Jamil claimed that she was originally scheduled to try out for the most recent season of the Badgley-led Netflix series, but she withdrew when she realised that her "character was supposed to be quite sexy" because she is "so shy about anything sexy that I can't."

The Good Place actress brought up Badgley's prior remarks on requesting showrunner Sera Gamble for fewer sex scenes in crime-drama series, though she did not reveal which character she was scheduled to test for.

Jamil remarked, "And then you fucking came out and said, "Yeah, I'm not doing sex scenes anymore..." 'Fucking hell, I didn't even realise that was a limit we could create,' I exclaimed. That's wonderful. However, I realised that I should have attended the show.

The Gossip Girl star later said in an interview with GQ in March that the social media debate around his comments about sex scenes had been "blown out of proportion."” He later clarified to the newspaper that "what I was speaking about wasn't actually the final product." "It was kind of like the culture that was built into the making of every movie, but especially those parts. We all know that Hollywood has a history of blatant exploitation and abuse.

The actress from Pitch Perfect: Bumper in Berlin added that she "can't even watch sex scenes in films. I've grown too timid to see other people, so even when I'm alone, I have to skip ahead through sex scenes.

In Jamil's words, "it's not a disgrace. There seems to be some awkwardness there.

The actress gave a personal perspective earlier in the discussion on Podcrushed, adding, "I don't think I've ever been someone who would have relished objectifying myself, personally. However, that is also a result of the extensive sexual trauma from my upbringing that I've experienced. Therefore, I believe that never was in the cards for me.

"You know, I still, like, occasionally wear the little skirt or the busty top," she continued. However, I do feel that way about myself generally.


Post a Comment

0 Comments